More than seventy (70) years ago.
In 1946 the year the Philippines was recognized for its independence, Antonio C. Delgado introduced the “Caltex Floating Station”, a pioneering service of delivering fuel and water to ships moored in Manila Bay. By 1949, a new company called Delgado Brothers Incorporated or Delbros was established by Antonio together with his brothers Jose and Francisco. In the 50’s, Delbros was awarded the right to operate the arrastre service in the Port of Manila. The company pioneered the use of the “pallet system” which mechanized, for the first time, the operations in the Port of Manila. In the 60’s, Delbros pioneered the use of containers, which elevated the quality of international cargo handling in the Philippines. In the 70’s, despite nationwide political, social and economic turmoil, Delbros went on to expand its operations and to build the largest fully-integrated transportation company in the Philippines, offering air, land, and sea freight forwarding service. During the Vietnam War, Delbros was also the country’s largest military mover. In the 80’s, Delbros became the Total Transportation Company. The multimodal concept, which it pioneered, offered door-to-door service for cargo shipments – from small letter envelopes to heavy machinery. Service capability went nationwide with the opening of Delbros offices in major provincial capitals around the country. By the mid 90’s Delbros was the first Total Logistics Company in the Philippines and the first company internationally to develop a direct-to-owner visa courier service for the US Embassy. In 2007 Delbros made the hard decision to divest its warehousing and local delivery operations, in order to streamline the Group’s operations. The company has since been re-focused on managing its license operations and logistics facilities, through the following entities: CBW 124 Logistics Gateway, Delbros International Logistics Corporation, Delbros Subic, and Delbros Clark.